NYC Transcription offers both editing and proofreading services. Editing services are useful for a document that is being worked on, while proofreading services are the final review before submission.
Editing is an in-depth process that not only corrects punctuation, grammar and spelling, but also revises the content of the writing. Additionally, editing ensures adherence to a particular field’s style guide or other formatting requirements. Proofreading focuses solely on the technical aspects: spelling, grammar, linguistic errors, and format discrepancies such as line spacing, font continuity, and orphans and widows.
Our editing services are used by:
- Academics and students: Term papers, dissertations, journal articles, theses and essays
- Businesses: Manuals, brochures, memos, white papers and promotional materials
- Authors: Manuscripts, screenplays, and short stories
- Individuals: Resumes, curriculum vitae, and cover letters.
- ESL speakers/writers: Editing any document to make you sound more like a native speaker